The workshop is initiated by Poeteka as part of the Translation in Motion project
The first Multilingual Translation Workshop took place in Tirana, Albania between October 5 and October 9, initiated by Poeteka, as part of the Translation in Motion project.
The twelve mentors offered the participants lectures and workshops on the topics:
- The translator and original author
- Art on compromise in translation
- Translation as Intercultural Transfer
- Cultural References in Translation
- Challenges of Translation from ‘Small’ Languages”
- Noticing style – stylistic features and their importance for literary translators
- Using dictionaries, online encyclopedias, and other web sources, understanding the author’s biography (obvious in the case of autobiographical writings) and the historical context, identifying and dealing with cultural references, discussing specific jargons
- The editing process for translators
- Selection of titles/translators/application for translation funds
- Creative Writing for Translators
The Translation in Motion project (1/2/21-31/8/23) is co-funded by the Creative Europe programme of the European Union.